Wednesday, January 07, 2009

So, I'm sitting here so incredibly thankful of the faithful friends that the Lord has placed in my life. 3 weeks ago a dear friends of mine's mom passed away suddenly and unexpectedly and young. I have been grieving for my friend and her family and specifically for God to show me how to minister to her best, how to give of myself to help her and for her husband to know how to love her the way she needs to be loved right now. Tonight at Bible study was the first time I've seen them since everything happened and they went out of town and God used them to bless me and teach me in a way I've never seen. They are hopeful! They love their Lord more today than they did yesterday. She is grieving, but asking us to pray that God will show her how to grieve in a way that glorifies Him!I honestly think the 2 of them speaking about how God is using this heartache to draw them closer to Himself and to long for him more and to hate sin that much more( because the ultimate reality of sin in our life here is death) is the most beautiful moment I have ever been a part of. I began the day seeking out how I could best be of benefit to them and the Lord used them to teach me and to show me what a faithful believer looks like in the face of anguish and loss. I love them so much and they are such an example to me. Thankyou Jesus for the light you are shining through them and their great encouragement!

No comments: